Sunday, November 1, 2009

comin down the pipes



i almost feel as if i should have a GPS following my dress along its path of life.  
or maybe i should put one of those ASPCA implants into it, (i feel cold hearted calling it, 'it'! should i call it 'her'??)in case anyone harms her, mistreats her, or loses her, she will be tagged with a phone number and safely returned home

today (or oct 16th rather) i picked up my dress!
only to then take it straight to the seamstress, so really, i picked up my dress... for about 30 minutes.

it is quite funny though...i went to pick it up like i was getting my drycleaning.
and then i walk out on the street to get a cab, with this huge bag that screams,
"I'm most certainly NOT drycleaning. I'm a really big bag! I'm not a body. And i'm not a christmas tree...I'm a wedding dress! Hello!"

I was glad my seamstress could fit me in right away though because I really didnt feel like a. taking a cab home to brooklyn from the upper east side, or b.  like bringing the big bag on the subway! it just seemed lonely to me..to take it on the subway. Shouldnt there be some parade following her down the street, with cymbals and trumpets and bodyguards?

Ok, anyway, (i'm exaggerating the bigness of it btw to freak andrew out in case he ever reads this blog..)

Anyway, no big deal. Picked up the dress. Dropped it off. End of story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment